In this section
We are looking to recruit a Kitchen Assistant to work during the week at the Dundee United High Performance Centre at St Andrews University.
Reporting to the Head Chef, this role will entail all aspects of food preparation and food services throughout the week.
Rates of pay are competitive and a typical shift would consist of approximately 4 hours per day, Monday to Friday, between the hours of 10am and 2pm.
• To prepare food to the highest standard, in line with the Head Chef’s instructions and menu
• To keep the kitchen area clean and tidy and free from any hazards
• To report any maintenance issues and/or hazards to the Head Chef
• To have an understanding of all kitchen procedures, food safety legislation/processes and the recording of wastage
• To maintain high company standards
• To ensure satisfaction levels at all times
It should be noted that this list is not exhaustive and you may be requested to carry out additional duties, to those above, if the business requirements require so.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
• Previous relevant experience would be advantageous
• Knowledge of food hygiene and safety, including relevant legislation, is desirable
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Able to work individually and as part of a team
• Willing to work flexibly as and when required
If you are interested in this role, please apply in writing with an attached CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org