In this section
SEASON TICKET TERMS AND CONDITIONS 2021/22
THE DUNDEE UNITED FOOTBALL COMPANY LIMITED, a company incorporated in Scotland, with Company Number SC013690 and having its registered office at Tannadice Park, Dundee, DD3 7JW (the “Club”).
These are the terms and conditions on which the Club supplies your Season Ticket valid for the 2021/22 Season (the “Season”). Unless terminated earlier as set out below, the Season Ticket will terminate at the end of the Season.
The person named on the Season Ticket will be the ‘Holder’ and each Season Ticket is valid for entry to Tannadice Park (the “Stadium”) by the Holder. These terms also apply to the Holder and if you are not the Holder, you must provide a copy of these terms to the Holder.
- The Season Ticket is for the use of the Holder only. Re-sale or transfer of the Season Ticket is prohibited without the consent of the Club. If there is a breach of this condition, the Club may cancel the Season Ticket and retain any money initially paid for it to the extent needed to pay for costs and losses suffered as a result of unauthorised re-sale or cancellation.
- Each Season Ticket is valid for entry to the Stadium for certain matches, depending on the kind of Season Ticket purchased.
- Season Tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase unless within the 14 day cooling off period. The Holder may cancel the contract at any time within 14 days from the date on which the contract is entered into (the “Cancellation Period”). After the Cancellation Period has expired, you will not be able to end the contract and will be committed to the Season Ticket for the full duration of the Season unless the Club has un-reasonably failed to deliver the services.
2. Entry to Stadium
- The Holder will not be admitted to the Stadium without possession of the Season Ticket.
- Entry to the Stadium is subject to the Holder’s acceptance of the Club’s ground regulations, which are exhibited at the Stadium and published on the Club website at www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk.
- The Season Ticket is not valid for any events at the Stadium other than the football matches specified within the type of Season Ticket purchased.
- The Club may refuse the Holder admission to the Stadium, on reasonable cause.
- The Club may, in its absolute discretion, relocate the Holder to an alternative seat or part of the Stadium for any match.Exercise of this right includes, but is not limited to, the following situations:
- if the Club is required under the rules of a competition, or otherwise, to provide seating for use by or for the competition organiser and/or visiting team;
- if the section of the Stadium in which the Holder’s seat is located has been closed; or
for safety, security, refurbishment, alteration or other operational reasons. Reasonable efforts will be made by the Club to provide a comparable seat.
- Re-admission to a match will not be permitted once you have left the Stadium
No food, alcohol or illegal substance is permitted to be taken inside the Stadium.
- We reserve the right to search all persons and personal property and refuse admission to, or eject from, the venue, any person who refuses to be searched by a steward or other person acting on the Club’s behalf.
3. Conduct Terms
- Holders of Season Tickets are deemed to be ambassadors for the Club and its supporters. Holders are required to conduct themselves in a manner befitting this status when travelling to and attending any Club match during the Season.
- Drunkenness, foul, insulting, offensive or abusive language or behaviour; racist, discriminatory or sectarian behaviour, remarks, songs, chants, banners or displays; and the promotion of or endorsement of any political organisation are not permitted within the Stadium or on the Club’s property, or at any matches involving the Club.
- Holders must comply with all relevant laws (including COVID-19 related restrictions), safety announcements or Stadium ground regulations while attending any Club match, including rules connected to smoking and the use of smoke and/or incendiary devices.
- Unauthorised professional photography or any type of recording of a match is prohibited and zoom lenses, audio visual or cinematographic devices will not be permitted in the Stadium.
4. Breach of Conduct Terms
- If you breach any of the Conduct Terms, the ground regulations, the SFA and SPFL Unacceptable Conduct rules or if you or the Holder commit any criminal offence whilst at any match involving the Club, the Club may take any one of the following steps:
- Issue a warning
- Refuse entry to the Stadium
- Eject the Holder from the Stadium
- Confiscate and/or deactivate the Season Ticket
- Exclude you from future entry to the Stadium or a Club fixture at Away Stadia and/or withdraw the ability to buy tickets for any matches for such period as the Club considers appropriate in all of the circumstances
- Terminate the contract
- Take separate legal action against you or the Holder.
- No refund or compensation will be paid to you if a Season Ticket has been temporarily deactivated or cancelled due to a serious breach that has resulted in disciplinary action against the Club by the football authorities, or a loss to or liability on the part of the Club. In all other instances, refunds will be dependent upon the losses suffered by the Club as a result of the behaviour leading to the confiscation or cancellation.
5. Holder Liability
- You shall be liable for, and may be subject to legal action by the Club for recovery of, any fines, losses, penalties, liability or damages suffered or incurred by the Club (including disciplinary action by any football governing body) as a direct or indirect result of your conduct or behaviour (or any third party to whom the Holder has provided his or her ticket, with or without the consent of the Club) at any match involving the Club.
Individuals under the age of 16
Season Tickets may only be purchased, either in person or online, by those aged 16 or over.
- If the Holder is under the age of 16, the Holder’s parent(s) and/or guardian(s) and/or individual making payment for the Season Ticket shall also be responsible for the Holder’s actions, conduct and compliance with these terms and where appropriate any references in these terms to ‘the Holder’ shall be deemed to include the individual specified in the order as having parental responsibility for the Holder.
- Children under the age of 12 years old are not permitted into the stadium unless they are accompanied by an adult over the age of 18.
- The Club reserve the right to refuse access to certain seating areas within the Stadium for children under the age of 2 in compliance with the Club’s health and safety policy.
Changes to Dates and Times
- All match dates and times are subject to change. The Club may from time to time be required to change dates and times of matches for reasons such as health and safety, the impact of other competitions and live TV scheduling.
Resale of Tickets
- Season Tickets may not be re-sold, traded, or offered for sale; and may not be used as a prize or for any other promotional or trade purpose by any person or organisation without the consent of the Club. Each ticket carries an individual security bar code. Sale or attempted sale is grounds for seizure or cancellation and those trying to use resold or cancelled tickets will be refused entry into the venue.
Damaged or Lost Tickets
- It is the Holder’s responsibility to take care of the Season Ticket to prevent any damage to the Season Ticket. The Club is not obliged to replace the Season Ticket if the Season Ticket is lost, misplaced, stolen or damaged. Lost or stolen Season Tickets must be reported to the Club as soon as reasonably practicable. The Club may, at its discretion, and only upon receipt of satisfactory evidence, issue a duplicate season ticket on payment by you or the Holder of a non-refundable administration and replacement fee of £10 to cover the Club’s administration costs in issuing such tickets.
Season Ticket Finance Plan
- Season Tickets may be purchased under a payment plan with the Club’s nominated Finance Partner (as appointed from time to time). Any Season Tickets that are purchased with the Club’s Finance Partner will be subject to additional terms and conditions of the Finance Partner’s scheme.
- If the Season Ticket has been purchased by instalment payments payable in the first instance to the Finance Partner as the case may be, the Season Ticket cannot be used whilst any instalment is overdue. Attempted use in such circumstances may lead to confiscation or deactivation until outstanding amounts (including any administrative charges) are paid.
- If outstanding sums are not paid within a reasonable period, the Club may terminate the instalment arrangement and either require the remainder of sums due to be paid or terminate this agreement and seek to sell the Season Ticket to a third party for the remainder of the Season. The Holder may be subject to legal action by the Club to recover any losses incurred if the Club is unable to resell the Season Ticket.
- Please note that a failure to keep up with instalment payments may affect the Holder’s rights to purchase tickets for home and away matches, the Holder’s ability to renew the Season Ticket or pay by instalments in the future.
Student and Ambulant/Disabled Tickets
- The Club offers discounted season tickets for full-time students in higher education and for disabled persons who meet specific criteria as outlined under clause 11(c) below.
- To qualify for a Student Season Ticket, you must be in full time higher education and provide documentary evidence of your status in the form of a valid university card, valid college card or a letter confirming your place at a higher education institution for the duration of the season in question. Failure to provide such evidence by 15 July of the relevant year, or within 21 days of purchasing your season ticket if your Season Ticket was bought after 15 July, will result in your Season Ticket being deactivated until you provide such evidence.
- To qualify for a discounted Season Ticket for disabled persons, you must receive the higher rate mobility or care component of either Disability Living Allowance (DLA) and/or Personal Independence Payment (PIP) and provide evidence in the form of a DLA and/or PIP letter no later than 15 July of the relevant year. Failure to provide such evidence by 15 July of the relevant year, or within 21 days of purchasing your Season Ticket if bought after 15 July, will result in your Season Ticket being deactivated until you provide such evidence.
- Please note that if you fail to continue to provide the qualifying evidence as noted in Clauses 11(b) and (c) above, and certainly within 28 days of a Final Request communication, your Season Ticket may be sold to another customer.
COVID-19 related conditions upon purchase of a Season Ticket
- The Club operates COVID-19 related policies that are in force from time to time whilst Scottish Government restrictions are in place. Whilst present in the Stadium, the Holder requires to strictly adhere to any COVID-19 related policies that the Club operates. This may include but is not limited to being subjected to temperature checks and following social distancing rules. Failure to follow COVID-19 guidance and rules may result in the Holder being denied entry to the Stadium or asked to leave.
- The purchaser and/or Holder of a Season Ticket agrees and acknowledges that no credit note, exchange or refund will be issued as a result of any matches that the Holder has been unable to attend on account of behind closed door games or restricted capacity games.