Published: 15th July 2019
As the new season begins, United fans anticipating a successful campaign on the park can also look forward to a number of improvements that have been made to the facilities around Tannadice during the last couple of months.
Throughout the close season, the extensive list of upgrades, refurbishments and improvements in services include:
- the extensive renovation of the Centenary Lounge and executive boxes in the Jerry Kerr stand
- the refurbishment and new layout of the bar area behind the Captains’ Box;
- the addition of The McLean Suite and the Tangerine Suite to the hospitality portfolio this season, with access to a new Superbox, situated alongside the Centenary Lounge;
- the painting of all the steelwork and beams in the Eddie Thompson Stand which also allowed the Club to replace all the netting in the upper trusses;
- the installation of a new fibre optic loop around the stadium to improve data transfer facilities;
- the commencement of the instalment of an external lift giving access to the recently refurbished WestEnd Flooring Suite;
- an extensive paint maintenance programme around the exterior of the stadium;
- the refurbishment of the Macron Club Superstore and Ticket Centre; and
All the work above has continued throughout the summer alongside the introduction of new partnerships for ticketing, hospitality, retail and EPOS system.
The significant investment in capital projects worked on during the close-season highlights the continuing desire of Mark and Scott Ogren and the executive board to improve all areas of the Club and ensure that Arabs, wherever they watch the game from, can enjoy matchdays at Tannadice in safe and comfortable surroundings.